Release 5 SR13
Netloan version 5 service release 13 includes important new flexibility for making payments in netloan, plus new access and control options around provision of library Wi-Fi services.
The full release guide is available for download here.
New features in SR13 include:
- The ability to take payment for printing and PCs by both cash and card
- Chip and PIN functionality for self-service payments on bibliotheca kiosks
- The option for users to self-register for a guest login account for library PCs or Wi-Fi using an online guest registration form
- Greater control over Wi-Fi use, with Media Access Control (MAC) now detecting which devices are accessing the network and so giving greater opportunity to manage guest usage
Further information on this release’s content is available in the What's New Guide available above. To discuss licensing or installation for the Wi-Fi module, please contact your account manager.
Upgrade to the latest release today!
If you would like to upgrade to netloan 5 SR13, the release is available today from the usual download portal. It can be installed either with or without licensing for the Wi-Fi module.
The download package for netloan 5 SR13 contains new installers for all of the netloan software, all the pre-requisite software required with this software and a documentation package. The documentation package contains:
- Guides to the server, client, print and kiosk software
- A data dictionary for the netloan database to aid with customer queries
- The What’s New release guide showing all the new features with screengrabs, also available here
- The netloan change log showing the complete list of changes and fixes
The documentation package is available for download without the software, should you first wish to review it. Further details on the download portal are provided below.
Please note: the next release of netloan version 5 SR14 will not be compatible with any version of netloan older than version 5 RTM. When Version 5 SR14 is released you will need to make sure that none of your netloan clients, print servers or kiosks are using a version of netloan older than the initial release of version 5.0 before you can upgrade. For support, call 01992 415502 or send an email to email@example.com