Release 5 SR10
Netloan 5 service release 10 includes the introduction of a new wireless printing module – netloan Wi-Fi print. It also provides support cover for thin client to Windows 2012 and VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) for Windows 8.1.
The full release guide is available for download here.
The new Wi-Fi print module offers you the following features and workflows:
- The opportunity for users to print from Android, Apple and Microsoft mobiles, tablets and laptops in the library environment using native printing methods Google Cloud Print and Apple’s AirPrint
- Simple steps and online instructions for end users to get started printing from their devices in the library
- Easy Wi-Fi printer group set up in the netloan administration module, with the ability to configure all existing printers for use also as Wi-Fi printers
- The ability to release wireless print jobs using the same print release screens and workflow in the netloan administration module as for PC client printing
- Easy searching, filtering and identification of both client and wireless print jobs
To discuss licensing or installation for the new Wi-Fi print module, please contact your account manager. For netloan customers outside the UK, licensing for Wi-Fi print is not available at this time - further information on international availability will follow in due course.
Please note the following changes to system support with this release
Regarding Windows XP and 2003: please note that this netloan release is not supported on these operating systems. Also following this release, support finishes for version SR6 - the last netloan version with XP and 2003 compatibility, so bringing an end to related netloan support.
The above release information is given for reference only. Please refer to the Latest Release tab for information on upgrading to the most current release and to enable you to benefit from all the latest functionalities.