Release 5 SR12
This new release provides support for Windows 10 for libraries ready to upgrade to this latest operating system. It also now covers Citrix XenDesktop versions 7.5 and 7.6, maintaining the latest support for thin client deployments. There are also several enhancements to the netloan Wi-Fi print module.
The full release guide is available for download here.
New features in SR12 include:
- Support for netloan on Windows 10 clients, enabling you to provide customers with a familiar user experience while offering the latest OS
- A consistent experience and user communication across Windows 10 desktop and tablet modes, for those deploying a combination of devices in the library including PC terminals, touchscreens and Microsoft tablets
- The latest thin client support now covering Citrix XenDesktop 7.5 and 7.6
- A breakdown of printout volumes to include all wireless print jobs for Wi-Fi print licensed sites
- New flexibility in netloan Wi-Fi print default settings
Further information on this release’s content is available in the What's New Guide available above. To discuss licensing or installation for the new Wi-Fi print module, please contact your account manager.
Upgrade to the latest release today!
If you would like to upgrade to netloan 5 SR12, the release is available today from the usual download portal. It can be installed either with or without licensing for the new Wi-Fi print module. For netloan customers outside the UK, licensing for Wi-Fi print is not available at this time - further information on international availability will follow in due course.
The download package for netloan 5 SR12 contains new installers for all of the netloan software, all the pre-requisite software required with this software and a documentation package. The documentation package contains:
- Guides to the server, client, print and kiosk software
- A data dictionary for the netloan database to aid with customer queries
- The What’s New release guide showing all the new features with screengrabs, also available here
- The netloan change log showing the complete list of changes and fixes
- A list of all the print driver testing conducted with netloan
The documentation package is available for download without the software, should you first wish to review it. Further details on the download portal are provided below.
Please remember that your account manager is happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the new Wi-Fi print module. We welcome you to get in touch to discuss this new module further.