We often hear how much faculty love using Connect2 checkout software. It takes away much of the detail and stress from managing student use of expensive or fragile equipment.
Frequently it’s faculty who decide what equipment to invest in. So it really matters to them that items are borrowed and used responsibly. Equipment checkout software really helps here and Connect2 has been developed in partnership with universities to make sure equipment loaner pools are managed exactly as required.
Balancing easy access with the right controls is where Connect2 really excels. You’ll also find it dramatically reduces the heavy admin burden around lending schedules. Read on to find out more…
Why faculty have adopted using Connect2 software
There are a number of key reasons why faculty have opted to change their approach to equipment lending through the use of Connect2 software.
1) It ensures students have all they need to perform well
- Students can always secure equipment for their classes and assignments
- They are never issued the wrong equipment
- They are well equipped to do good work and produce accomplished creative output
2) Equipment lending to students is controlled and expensive items are protected
- Faculty can always see what students are using; how often and for how long
- Students can only access equipment if they’ve had the right training and have the relevant need or classes
- Faculty can exercise discretion, extending equipment loan times for students when needed, or promoting students in the Connect2 system to be able to access more equipment
3) It relieves faculty of the admin burden around equipment supervision
- Connect2 gives students the means to responsibly manage their own equipment loans
- Loan authorizations are based on agreed booking permissions e.g. by equipment type, students’ classes or year – there’s no need for faculty to check their emails all the time for equipment loan requests
- It’s easy to make recurring bookings in connect2 so faculty know their classes will always have the right equipment available and ready
- Faculty can focus on their teaching, research or other responsibilities without the distraction of equipment access worries
4) It ensures your department is well-resourced with equipment, with robust data for decision making
- Faculty can get reports with overview of borrowing volumes for their classes
- They can see whether they always have sufficient stock or if more is needed
- Equipment sponsors have reliable usage data for making well informed, quick purchase decisions
Faculty at Middle Tennessee State University embraced the new way of working with Connect2 when their technical team showed them how it works and all they had to gain. Any initial hesitancy quickly disappeared when they saw the software in action. You can read more about their experiences in a new case study here.
Get in touch if you would like to see Connect2 for yourself, and we’ll happily give you and your colleagues a tour.