As we look towards the holiday season, many university equipment stores will be preparing to close for a short time. Some will be winding down to enjoy some rest and relaxation after a busy semester. Others will be taking the opportunity to get some stock taking or maintenance done and will require all items back in advance. In some cases, students will be expected to continue their assignments and will be looking to checkout equipment before the store closes until the new year.
Of course with upcoming changes to opening hours, the secret to running a successful service comes down to good communication. The Connect2 team have been advising their university customers on the easiest ways to achieve this.
There’s a number of features in Connect2 checkout software that support a smooth transition from one semester to the next. Here is what’s good to know:
- Store opening hours are mirrored and managed in the Connect2 software. The calendars ensure equipment can only be reserved for checkout and return when the store is open for business
- Automated notifications in Connect2 minimize how many items remain out on loan and overdue when the store closes. Students are alerted to return items on time and definitely before they depart for vacation
- Custom communications can quickly be sent out when leading up to the break to ensure all stay well informed:
– All students with overdue items can instantly be identified and targeted with a warning to return items before the end of the semester
– All current and former borrowers can be reminded of the store opening hours over the holiday period to keep them in the picture
– For students permitted to reserve equipment for use over the break, a ‘Ready for Checkout’ message can alert them that items are ready for collection before the store closes
With Connect2, staff can relax knowing that all required items will be safely back in the store before they break for the holidays. At the same time, all equipment borrowers are clear on store opening times and booking rules, so nobody gets caught out or feels let down when the normal hours change.
Get in touch if you would like to find out more about how Connect2 supports good communication between equipment stores and their users. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wishing all our customers a happy and peaceful holiday season, from the Connect2 team.