A true sign of great service is when a routine transaction raises a big smile. It’s what often happens when students use Connect2. They find the whole process of reserving and checking out equipment so quick and easy, they can't help but be pleasantly surprised. The same goes for staff on the checkout desk - time saved leads to smiles all round.
The result? Students and staff have more time to interact about what really counts. They might talk about the latest video projects, get tips on using the equipment, or advice on accessories they might find useful. It’s so much better than time spent on explaining what items are available and how long for. That’s all taken care of in advance online, leaving time for more useful conversation.
As student satisfaction comes under increasing scrutiny, this is especially important. It’s essential students find university services easy to use, and that both in-person and online experiences are always positive. It’s one area of focus in the NSSE (National Survey of Student Engagement), which measures perception of the quality of student interactions with student services staff.
With Connect2, the intuitive user interface together with the back office support for staff are what make the big difference. Throughout the process of making equipment reservations, checking out items then checking them back in again, service standards remain high and students stay satisfied.
Here's a few more details to explain how Connect2 really cuts the mustard:
- Students can see in real time what’s available for their project dates and can reserve items online in advance of visiting the store
- They can build and reserve a complete list of items for their project in a single transaction
- When they reach the store, staff have had time to prepare all items for their checkout
- What’s more, checkout times are automatically staggered between users, further avoiding the need to wait in line
- With so much opportunity to organize and prep behind-the-scenes, staff have more time to give advice and wish students well with their projects
Students can make equipment reservations any time of day or night with a query that takes seconds. They can also renew or cancel their reservations online. This way time spent visiting the store is always worthwhile, with much greater opportunity for staff to add value to their project. It all leads to better NSSE survey feedback!